Skills Taught – Driving School Dandenong
- Helping people learn and understand road law, and gain a Learner Permit.
- Helping learners understand the purpose of the Hazard Perception Test. The HPT is an observation and reaction test, and you click on the mouse button to give your reaction.
- To give the new learner the skills and confidence to brake, accelerate and steer without having a crash. This enables the learner driver to safely operate a vehicle when practicing under supervision.
- To further develop the skills of the learner driver, such as
- Lane changing
- Intersection approach
- Anticipation of hazards
- Freeway entry
- Night driving
- Shopping centre parking
- Defensive skills
- Preparation for drive test, understanding and driving to test criteria. Mirror checking and observation skills are a major test issue.
- Auto to manual. The following skills are vital when learning how to drive a manual car.
- Selecting the correct gear
- Getting and keeping the correct ‘revs’
- Holding the clutch at ‘friction’
- Slow learners and those with learning difficulties have special challenges. Freedom Driver instructors are patient and skilled at understanding and meeting their learning needs.